Photo By Crime Art at Shutterstock
Plumbing is unavoidable if you own a building or property – it’s a key household system. While superficial maintenance and minor repairs can likely be handled by a handy homeowner, many plumbing issues require the services of a trained professional. This rule of thumb applies wherever you might live, including Rockwall, TX. Happily, this part of world has access to the reputable team at bluefrog Plumbing + Drain of North East Dallas.
There are certain situations where even the most committed DIY-er needs help. For reasons of safety, convenience, and expense, certain systems should be treated with care. If any of the following scenarios should arise, save yourself a lot of trouble, heartache, and possibly, dollars, and call a professional first. You won’t be sorry you did:
When pipes are frozen causing damage to the water lines. Freezing temperatures are no friend to plumbing infrastructure. Rockwall, TX enjoys hot summers, but winters are cold and getting more blustery with climate change. The possibility of burst or damaged household pipes is real. If this happens, call a plumbing specialist right away is a good way to limit the destruction.
When there is no hot water, it could mean that your hot water tank might be leaking, or there could be some other kind of malfunction which is harder to detect. A plumber can determine if there are electrical problems with the tank, or with ignitions and gas lines if it’s powered by gas, and repair or even replace the tank as necessary.
When a sewer line is backing up, it’s a serious issue with potential personal and public health consequences. Some municipalities require backflow devices to ensure that residential sewer line issue don’t impact public water supplies. A good plumbing service will be able to repair and certify backflow devices in addition to fixing sewer lines, traps, drains and household fixtures that are connected to the sewer main.
The installation of new fixtures for a bathroom or washroom re-model almost always requires the services of an expert. That’s to ensure that all connections are properly made, the building code for plumbing infrastructure is respected and that all is in good working order to support the amount of usage the system will receive.
Plumbing That Could Use Regular Maintenance
Plumbing services are not just for emergencies, gushing water and burst pipes. They can provide the kind of regular maintenance and inspection that will ensure all your home’s plumbing systems continue to work optimally. Drains can be cleaned out regularly to prevent clogs and back up; water lines and mains can be inspected for degradation or structural changes. And the functionality of hot water tanks, sump pumps and backflow devices can be regularly tested. This kind of care can head off a myriad of potential problems that may be more likely to crop up when systems are under stress from unusual weather events. Consider an annual drain cleaning and inspection visit from a trusted plumbing service as money well spent.
Top Reasons to Hire a Pro
By now you should be persuaded that hiring a professional is a good idea when you’re faced with any kind of plumbing issue around the home. But just in case, here’s a recap of the top five pros for calling in a pro:
- Professionals are educated and certified to perform diagnostics, repairs and installation on plumbing systems and (often) more. For example, many plumbers are qualified to work with gas lines as well as water lines. And the more on-the-job experience a plumber has, the more likely they are to recognize common problems and know how to fix them.
- A professional proudly carries their tools of the trade, each especially designed to use with pipes, drains, plumbing fixtures and devices. Even better, a professional plumber will know exactly how to use said tools to achieve the best results. From the classic plumber’s snake for clearing clogs to the latest high-tech video diagnostic equipment, professionals like those on the bluefrog Plumbing + Drain of North East Dallas team have all the latest gadgets.
- It’s difficult to overestimate the value homeowners may discover in the support that comes along with the customer care department of a plumbing service such as bluefrog Plumbing + Drain of North East Dallas. And it’s not only when an emergency dispatcher is dispensing advice and rounding up immediate help, but also when something goes wrong along the way and needs correction, or documents are needed by insurance adjusters or city and county inspectors. Great customer care can lead to a great trade service experience, one you’ll want to share with your friends.
- DIY-ers usually dive in because they think it will be cheaper than hiring a professional to tackle a plumbing problem. But hiring a professional plumber may prove to be cheaper in the long run. There’s tremendous value in the precision and speed in which a knowledgeable technician can diagnose and fix a plumbing problem.
- A professional plumber can spot problems that may be looming while working on an altogether different plumbing problem. Because systems are integrated, a skilled service person can often tell when component parts may be showing stress and what it might mean. Heading off big problems before they can even fully develop is a really key reason to have a professional plumber on your side.
If you live or own property in the Rockwall, TX vicinity and need an experienced and reputable plumber to handle any size plumbing issue, don’t hesitate to get in touch with the team at bluefrog Plumbing + Drain of North East Dallas. They’ll figure out the problem, fix it right and get your household infrastructure running smoothly again in no time.